Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/12

http://www.eschoolnews.com/2010/02/16/11-programs-only-as-good-as-their-teachers/

The article wouldn't allow me to read all five pages, but I will blog about what I read from the first page. The article talks about how without the adaption of lesson plans, incorporating technology is useless. You can't take a plan that you made for class without laptops and then use it for a class with laptops without adjusting it. This is just lazy teaching. A good teacher can be able to reinvent their lessons to stay modern with the technology and to adapt to their student's needs. Classes wanting to involve a one-to-one program require a teacher that is willing to put in the extra time and effort that it is going to take to remodel their curriculum. For my class I really want to use laptops, I think there are a lot of great resources available.

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree. It can be very time consuming, but worth it in the long run. What do you want to do with laptops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the time that is spent preparing to use laptops will reflect in the success and attention of the students. I think using laptops will be so much more engaging and exciting than just textbooks and overheads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is simple laziness in most cases where teachers use the same lesson plan created without technology, then just have them available and consider it a lesson using technology. I also thing that this could be because educators that are of older generations lack instruction on how to use technology to teach. Having fabulous technology advocates for the school district that help teachers understand how to integrate technology into the classroom is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when you said a good teacher will reinvent lessons using technology. Someday we will be in the classrooms and have to do this. I know it excites some and scares others. We all had the teachers in high school who hated technology. In this class I have seen how easy it is to incorporate technology into a lesson plan. So hopefully I can also show fellow teachers this, if they are having a hard time with technology in their lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete